Home / About the University / Centres / Center of Applied Linguistics / Overview


The Center of Applied Linguistics is the successor to the previous Department of Applied Linguistics and follows the tradition of one of the oldest departments of Foreign Languages in our country, focused on teaching languages for specific purposes, and founded shortly after the foundation of the Higher Technical School itself in 1942/UACEG/.

The Center comprises sections of English, German, French and Bulgarian languages. The courses of various levels and content are in accordance with the specific purposes and the curricula of all five faculties. The students have at their disposal technical reference, teaching materials and dictionaries in the area of architecture, civil engineering and geodesy.

The Bulgarian language section offers preparatory courses for foreign citizens – prospective students at UACEG as well as undergraduates. Bulgarian language teaching is focused on the terminology and the stylistic features of language for specific purposes – architecture, civil engineering and geodesy.